LOS ALTOS, California, 23 November 2021 / PRNewswire / – QView Medical, a pioneer in breast cancer detection and manufacturer of the FDA-approved artificial intelligence (AI) software system for breast cancer screening, and GE Healthcare today announced that the QView’s QVCAD software can be run on GE Healthcare’s Invenia â¢ ABUS 2.0 (Automated Breast Ultrasound), which features open platform technology that allows integration of third-party AI tools for workflow optimization reading work.
Invenia ABUS 2.0 is the first FDA approved supplemental ultrasound breast screening technology specifically designed to detect cancer in dense breast tissue. The powerful AI Assistant harnesses smart algorithms to help detect breast lesions, helping doctors increase their reading speed with confidence.
After years of development, QVCAD, which was previously connected to Invenia ABUS 2.0 via an external PC and server, now allows clinicians to access the software through Invenia ABUS Viewer, streamlining clinical workflow by reducing reading time. up to 33%.1, while improving clinical outcomes with an experience of up to 93% sensitivity for lesion detection2.
Mammography misses out on a third of dense breast cancers3, and although additional screening finds more cancers, it requires reasonable recall and biopsy rates4. Dense breasts increase cancer risk 4 to 6 times5, affecting more than 40 percent of women3. Early detection of cancer is essential for increasing survival rates and improving patient care and can reduce the cost of care6.
âABUS combined with QVCAD is the next crucial step in supplemental breast screening for women with dense breasts,â said Bob wang, President and CEO of QView Medical.
Brian McEathron, Vice President, General Imaging Ultrasound at GE Healthcare, said, âOur goal is to support clinicians by enabling the rapid and accurate diagnosis and treatment of cancer in dense breasts. The integration of QVCAD into the ABUS reading process is a breakthrough in streamlining workflow and improving clinical confidence. Identifying breast cancer at the earliest possible stage has important prognostic implications: more treatment options available, increased survival rates, and improved quality of life. “
QView supports the #AMIDENSE public health effort to raise awareness of breast density as a major risk factor.
About QView Medical, Inc.
QView Medical develops and sells AI image analysis systems for reading 3D automated breast ultrasound (ABUS) systems. U-Systems ABUS and QView AI / QVCAD. QView is located in Los Altos, California. Visit our website www.qviewmedical.com for more information.
- Interpretive time using simultaneous reading computer-assisted detection system for automated breast ultrasound in breast cancer screening in women with dense breast tissue (Yulei Jiang). Read more: https://www.ajronline.org/doi/10.2214/AJR.18.19516
- Performance and reading time of automated breast ultrasound with or without computer-assisted detection. Read more: https://pubs.rsna.org/doi/10.1148/radiol.2019181816
- Pisano et al. Diagnostic performance of digital mammography compared to film mammography
- Mandelson et al. Journal Natl Cancer Inst 2000; 92: 1081-1087 for breast cancer screening. NEJM 2005; 353: 1773
- Boyd, et al, NEJM Jan 2007
- Blumen, et al. Comparison of breast cancer treatment costs by tumor stage and type of service
Robert M. Foley
Vice President, Marketing
QView Medical, Inc. 1-844-643-9527
Press release issued by PRLog
SOURCE QView Medical, Inc